No matter how hard you want to go with Halloween decorations this year, you always need a spiderweb or three to give your place a bit of spooky atmosphere. And this simple weaving project that even very young children will be able to master is the perfect way to do it.
What you’ll need
- 3 x craft popsicle sticks
- 1 x ball wool
- Craft glue
- 1 x plastic spider
- Taking the popsicle sticks, place a dot of glue in the middle of the first stick.
- Lie the second stick diagonally across the dot of glue.
- Add a dot of glue to the middle of the second stick and lie the third stick diagonally across this dot, in the opposite direction. Allow to dry.
- Thread the wool around the centre of the sticks and knot to secure. Cut off the loose end.
- Weave the wool once around each stick before moving onto the next stick, carefully working outwards along the sticks to create a spiderweb pattern.
- Once at the end of the sticks, wind the wool twice more around the final stick and tie securely in a knot. Leave enough wool leftover so you have something to hang the spiderweb with.
- Add friendly plastic spider to the spiderweb.
Find more Halloween activities:
- Make a pom pom Halloween spider headband
- Make an easy black cat headband for Halloween
- Make a spooky witch’s hat headband for Halloween
- Make toilet roll Halloween mummies