Halloween doesn’t have to be sugar-filled and completely unhealthy. Parents of smaller kids in particular are keen to limit the amount of nasty stuff in their diets, so this healthy Halloween recipe is the perfect treat for you!
These easy-to-assemble Apple Monsters are gluten and dairy-free as well as vegetarian, however if you have a peanut allergy sufferer in your family, you could switch out the peanut butter for any nut spread that suits.
- Makes : 6
- Prep time : 20 mins
Apple Monsters ingredients
- 1 green apple
- Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 6 cashew nuts
- Candy eyes for decoration
- Slice apple into 12 wedges (6 pairs), and split cashew nuts in half, lengthways.
- Spread peanut butter on bottom wedges of each pair and arrange split cashew nuts on top to look like fangs. Spread peanut butter on top wedge and place onto bottom wedge to look like a mouth.
- Use a very small amount of peanut butter to stick candy eyes onto top wedge.
MORE fun Halloween recipes to try:
- Jelly worms in Oreo dirt
- Oreo mummies
- 10-minute spooky pizza
- Easy peasy mummy frankfurts
- Chocolate spider cupcakes
- How to turn any cupcakes into a fun Halloween treat
This recipe was originally published on 22 October, 2020