Dressing up as a witch is classic Halloween, right? If you have a little one who is demanding to go all witchy-poo but you don’t have the whole ensemble handy, you could make this gorgeous little witch’s hat headband and get yourself sorted in 10 short minutes.
You can thank us later.
What you’ll need:
- 1 x sheet stiff black felt
- 1 x sheet soft black felt
- 25cm orange ribbon
- Spooky foam stickers (we used spiders)
- Hot glue gun
- Cut 1 x 18cm diameter circle from the soft black felt.
- Measure and cut one quarter from the felt circle.
- Holding the felt circle, bring the two edges of the circle together where the quarter has been removed and continue to wrap the circle around itself until you have created a cone.
- Glue down the leading edge of felt to secure the cone.
- Cut 1 x 11cm diameter circle from the stiff black felt.
- Carefully glue around the base of the cone and secure to the stiff black felt circle so that the cone is sitting in the middle of the circle and you have created a brim to the hat.
- Cut the orange ribbon to wrap around the base of the cone and glue in place.
- Attache the foam stickers to the hat.
- Glue the underside of the hat to the headband to secure.
Find more Halloween activities:
- Make a pom pom Halloween spider headband
- Make an easy black cat headband for Halloween
- Make woolly spiderwebs for Halloween
- Make toilet roll Halloween mummies