Once upon a time, in a world that existed before baby monitors, we had to put our baby down to sleep, tip toe out of the room, quietly pulling up the door, and then keep our fingers and toes crossed that our little one would be asleep – and stay asleep!
Now in the lovely high-tech world of baby monitors, all that uncertainty is gone. We can easily check on baby whenever and wherever we want without risking waking him in the process, and we can see if we need to go in to offer a bit of extra comforting and resettling. We can always know what’s going on in that nursery at a glance – which is great for every tired parent’s peace of mind.
Here are seven of our favourite baby monitors in no particular order:
- Owlet Cam baby monitor
- Oricom Secure870 3.5” Touchscreen Video Baby Monitor
- KODAK CHERISH C525 baby monitor
- Uniden BW 3101R baby monitor
- VTech VM9900 Pan & Tilt Video baby monitor
- iBaby Care M7 baby monitor
- Angelcare Video & Sound Monitor AC210 baby monitor
The very smart Owlet Cam lets you see and hear your baby from wherever you are, using your smartphone. It basically transforms your phone into a smart baby monitor, so there’s no need to carry around a separate monitor. Clever, yes?
Three features we really love include:
- Live stream from anywhere via new Owlet App – keeping things simple and easy
- Active listening through the Cam’s background audio – allowing parents to listen to their baby while using their phone for other tasks
- Adjustable magnetic base – keeping it safe and secure without a lot of fiddling
So wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, when you’ve got your phone on you, you’ve got your baby monitor right with you.