This is a cute Christmas project for a crafternoon with your toddler. Just cut the sticks to size and let your little one colour, assemble and decorate their own tree! When it’s finished, you’ve also got a homemade Christmas tree decoration. Win/win.
What you need
- 7 x paddle pop sticks
- garden shears
- green paint or crayons
- dot and star stickers
- crafty bling (shiny sequins or stars if you can stomach the mess!)
- Line up the paddle pop sticks to create a tree and mark where you will need to make cuts.
- Use garden shears to cut the paddle pop sticks to size.
- Let your toddler loose with the green paints, crayons or marker pens to colour the branches and trunk of the tree.
- Help your toddler glue the branches in place.
- Decorate your tree with stickers and bling.
Stickers are the easiest and most attractive option for little hands. You can get sheets of colourful dots and star stickers at Officeworks.
Find more great ideas for festive cooking and crafts in our Christmas section.