This is a cute Christmas project for a crafternoon with your toddler. Just cut the sticks to size and let your little one colour, assemble and decorate their own tree! When it’s finished, you’ve also got a homemade Christmas tree decoration. Win/win.
What you need
- 7 x paddle pop sticks
- garden shears
- green paint or crayons
- dot and star stickers
- crafty bling (shiny sequins or stars if you can stomach the mess!)
- Line up the paddle pop sticks to create a tree and mark where you will need to make cuts.
- Use garden shears to cut the paddle pop sticks to size.
- Let your toddler loose with the green paints, crayons or marker pens to colour the branches and trunk of the tree.
- Help your toddler glue the branches in place.
- Decorate your tree with stickers and bling.
Stickers are the easiest and most attractive option for little hands. You can get sheets of colourful dots and star stickers at Officeworks.