There’s nothing sweeter than homemade gift tags to make the bounty beneath your Christmas tree look warm and folksy.
You will need
- 2 x plain gift tags (available at your local $2 shop)
- 3 x white pom poms
- 3 x buttons of differing sizes
- 1 small piece coloured string (to make the scarf)
- 2 twigs (for the arms)
- black marker pen
- strong craft glue
- 25cm jute string
For the pompom snowman
- Use scissors to trim two of the pom poms down so that you have a base, middle and head pom pom of big, medium and small dimensions. Glue the pompoms to the gift tag in descending order to form the snowman shape.
- Use a marker pen to draw on the snowman’s hat. Glue two small twigs to the card as the snowman’s arms.
- Attach jute string and your gift tag is ready.
For the button snowman
- Glue the buttons to the tag in descending order.
- Use a marker pen to draw on the snowman’s hat and glue a small piece of string in between the middle and head of the snowman. It’s a bit fiddly but if you use a toothpick to wedge it in between the two buttons, you may not even need glue.
- Attach jute string to the tag and you are ready to use!