Encouraging financial literacy from the get-go is made a whole lot easier when piggy banks are made so cute you can’t help but put your money in them!
Save those pennies in the cutest way
We did a sweep of the internet and found some brilliant examples of piggy banks that not only encourage little ones to save their extra pennies, but they look super cute too.
These make the perfect new baby or first birthday gift … and who knows? They might even become the sort of heirloom your favourite kiddo passes on to their own children someday!
Experts tell us that the humble piggy bank can help kids make sense of simple financial concepts because they make savings much more tangible than money tucked away in a bank account. (And who hasn’t given a piggy bank a testy shake at one time or another in their life?!
Here’s seven ace places to start if you’re searching for the perfect piggy. Just be sure to keep the hammers well away ..!
Llama and flamingo piggy banks from Anthropologie. They’ll set you back US$25 a pop.
Giraffe piggy bank from Pottery Barn Kids. This cutie retails for $54.
Mud Pie cute gator bank from Peters of Kensington. This cute guy is on sale for $31.
Charming Critter piggy bank from Anthropologie. These sweet and helpful fellas retail for US$38.
Unicorn Piggy Bank from Anthropologie. Snap a sparkly savings buddy up for US$40.
More great products your family will love:
- You’ll want to buy everything in Pottery Barn Kids’ new Harry Potter Collection
- This might be the prettiest baby linen you’ll ever set eyes on
- Are these the fanciest baby bassinets EVER?!
- 5 of the best retro-inspired letter boards for your baby’s nursery
- This lovely cot will make you wish YOU were a baby
- These gorgeous baby loungers are nailing the five star reviews