How was your day? Were you woken up by one of your children jumping on you? Did you break up at least one fight between said children? Did you enjoy a meltdown or ten? Did you have an audience while taking a shower? Yep, we did too! Mornings can be hectic and if you are a mum, here are several more events that most likely happened to you this morning as well.
How many can you check off?
1. You woke with a child’s body part in your face (bonus points if it was a foot).
2. You watched the sun rise out of your bedroom window, with one eye closed.
3. The first words you heard were, “Mum I’m hungry”.
4. You stepped on Lego on your way out of the bedroom.
5. Your toddler ‘weed’ on the floor.
6. You heard the high pitched voice of Jimmy Giggle from the television room.
7. You reheated your coffee more than once.
8. You made more than one breakfast. You then proceeded to throw more than one breakfast in the bin (bonus points if you fed it to the dog).
9. You had an audience while doing your morning washroom rituals.
10. Your child insisted on wearing an outfit that was in the dirty washing pile.
11. You lost your keys or phone – bonus points if you lost both. And triple points if you found them in one of the toy bins.
12. You prepared a convincing speech to recite to your child about why she does not need to wear rain boots today. It didn’t work.
13. Your baby did a number three as soon as you were out of the door.
14. You carried more than two bags to school (bonus points if you also carried a child).
15. It started to rain the moment you pulled into the school drop off.
How did you rise and shine this morning? Did we miss anything? Share your morning experience in the comments and we’ll add them to the list.