Not sure where to start with clipping your baby’s speedily-growing nails? We’ve hatched a mini-roundup of three of the best nail clippers for Australian babies. Take a peek and get clipping!
1. The Nail Snail
The (stinkin’ adorable) Nail Snail makes trimming tiny nails a total breeze. It’s a safe, simple, speedy and very snail-ish way to cut little ones’ nails and is designed for use on newborns through to five-year-olds.
The Nail Snail is $19.95 and you can buy direct from Nail Snail.
2. Safety 1st’s Sleepy Baby Clippers
These nail clippers have a very handy light built into them, so you can cut your baby’s nails in the dead of night, while they are sleeping, if you so choose! Genius idea, guys!
They’re $10 and you can get them at Baby Bunting and other outlets.
3. Tommy Tippee’s nail clippers
These very reasonably priced nail clippers are perfect for newborns through to preschool and have a special design that makes cutting little nails safer and easier.
They’re $6 at Priceline and other outlets.
How to clip a baby’s nails safely
If you’re not quite sure what you’re doing, here are some handy dandy rules to safely-cut and neat baby nails:
- Press down on their fingertip to keep the skin well away from the nail
- Hold your baby’s hand firmly
- Cut your baby’s fingernails along the natural curve
- Cut your baby’s toenails straight across (not in a curve)
More great products your family will love:
- You’ll want to buy everything in Pottery Barn Kids’ new Harry Potter Collection
- This might be the prettiest baby linen you’ll ever set eyes on
- Are these the fanciest baby bassinets EVER?!
- 5 of the best retro-inspired letter boards for your baby’s nursery
- This lovely cot will make you wish YOU were a baby
- These gorgeous baby loungers are nailing the five star reviews