These freezer-friendly orange and sultana muffins make a great lunchbox snack! This recipe uses just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry, and in less than 45 minutes you can be sitting down enjoying some yummy muffins.
- Makes : 12
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
Orange and sultana muffins ingredients
- 125 grams butter, softened
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup orange juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter, caster sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla essence and orange juice and beat on a low speed for 2 minutes or until just combined before increasing the speed to high and mixing for a further 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and add the sultanas and mix through with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling until they are approximately ⅔ full.
- Place the muffin tray into your preheated oven and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow the muffins to cool in the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.