The Australia Day long weekend is nigh and nobody wants to be wasting it in the kitchen. Whip up a delicious Aussie treat in no time with a few quick grocery cheats, then put your feet up and get busy relaxing.
Using a store-bought pre-made vanilla sponge cake, you’ve cut out all baking from this recipe and cut down on time significantly from the get-go. To save even more time, use a food processor to crumble and blend. Super!
- Makes : 35
- Prep time : 15 mins
No-bake lamington balls ingredients
- 460g plain pre-made, unfilled vanilla sponge cake
- ⅓ cup of pre-made vanilla frosting
- 250g dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Break the cake up into pieces and blitz in the food processor until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the frosting to the crumb mix and process until thoroughly combined and sticking together.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and set them on a baking paper lined tray. Put in the freezer for half an hour to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, in 20 second bursts, stirring between each one. Set yourself up a dip and roll station with the coconut in a big enough container to roll balls in.
- Dip the ball in chocolate using a fork, drop and roll it in the coconut and then set it back on the cool tray to set. Repeat for all balls.
- These lamington balls are best kept in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them – they won’t stand up to our Aussie heat for long!