When we’re on the hunt for that one perfect baby name, there are loads of places we can look for inspiration – favourite books and movies being great places to start. After all, how many Scouts and Atticuses would there be in the world, if not for the beloved classic novel, To Kill A Mockingbird?
If you are planning on trawling through all your favourite movies in the hopes of finding that elusive perfect name, don’t forget to make some time to check out the best kids’ flicks that have entertained countless families over the years. There are some baby name gems just waiting to be unearthed … here are our favourites:
The LEGO Movie
Not in our wildest dreams would we ever have imagined that a movie spring-boarding out from the LEGO world would be worth watching – and yet, we were wrong. And how! The LEGO Movie is brilliant viewing, and as an added bonus it’s given us some great names to add to that ever-growing baby name list:
- Emmet – Our protagonist’s name is of Hebrew origin and means ‘universal’ or ‘truth’ – interesting, given his quest for the ‘truth’ in the film!
- Lucy – Emmet’s love interest’s name is an old Latin moniker meaning ‘light’.
- Finn – Finn is the young human creator of Emmet’s LEGO universe and everything in it. His Irish name means ‘fair’ or ‘white’.
- Carrie – The super-fit Master Builder Cardio Carrie’s name has its origins in America and means ‘free’.
- Marsha – The mermaid queen has an old English name that means ‘Mars’ or ‘warlike’.
- Velma – The overbearing robot personal assistant Velma has a name with German roots meaning ‘determined protector’ – a fitting moniker for her character!
- Bianca – Finn’s younger sister has a classic Italian name meaning ‘white’.