When we’re on the hunt for that one perfect baby name, there are loads of places we can look for inspiration – favourite books and movies being great places to start. After all, how many Scouts and Atticuses would there be in the world, if not for the beloved classic novel, To Kill A Mockingbird?
If you are planning on trawling through all your favourite movies in the hopes of finding that elusive perfect name, don’t forget to make some time to check out the best kids’ flicks that have entertained countless families over the years. There are some baby name gems just waiting to be unearthed … here are our favourites:
Looking for a baby name that has a tropical island feel? Love Hawaiian and Pacific nation names? Then Moana is the movie for you! We love these:
- Moana – Our heroine has a Hawaiian name meaning ‘ocean or sea’.
- Tui – Chief Tui is Moana’s father and the name is given to a beautiful bird native to New Zealand.
- Tala – The name of Moana’s grandmother; her name means ‘story’ in Hawaiian.
- Sina – Moana’s mother has a Samoan word as her name, meaning ‘white or silver haired’.
- Matai – He’s the ancestral leader of Moana’s tribe so it is only fitting that his name means ‘chief’ in Samoan.