Have kids, they said. It will be fun, they said! Well, sometimes it is – but mostly it’s one very. hard. slog. And you’d better have a sense of humour, or I’m afraid the prognosis isn’t good for you, my friend. You might as well laugh, or you’ll cry!
These memes that sum up parent life perfectly should put a smile on your dial – at least you know you’re not alone!
1. When you’ve got nothin’ left in the tank:
2. When you wonder if you’ll ever sleep again …
3. When you get your weekly workout just getting the kids in the car …
4. When a kid-free trip to the shops counts as a holiday …
5. When they siphon the will to live right out of you:
Credit: Real American Dadass
6. When your idea of a ‘good time’ is wayyyyy different to hubby’s:
7. When you feel approximately seven decades older than you actually are …
8. When you get to ‘whatever’ o’clock:
9. When it’s FINALLY hubby’s turn:
10. When you ask yourself, “What even is the point?”:
11. When you realise you might actually be raising animals:
12. When you know you’ll never (ever) be on time again:
13. When you just want five minutes alone:
14. When you realise you can’t get away with anything, ever:
15. When someone finds your hiding spot:
16. When you realise no one else knows what the hell they’re doing either:
For more brilliant memes and fun stuff to help you feel less alone in this crazy parenting gig, follow us on our Facebook page.
Read more funny parenting stuff: