Need to whip up a fancy Halloween costume for daycare or preschool but lack any super-sewing skills? We’ve got you covered! All you need is to follow our easy instructions to create this sweet black cat headband, and then dress your child in head-to-toe black and you’ve got yourself one simple but very sweet Halloween costume.
What you’ll need:
- Black glitter foam sheet
- White cardboard
- Black cardboard
- Hot glue gun
- Cut an 8cm wide strip of black cardboard to a length that will wrap around your child’s head with a 5cm overlap.
- Cut 2 x 4cm diameter circles from the white cardboard.
- Glue the two circles to the upper half of the black cardboard to create two eyeballs.
- From the glitter foam sheet, cut 2 x 3cm triangle cat ears, 2 x 2cm circles for pupils, and 6 x 1 cm strips for whiskers.
- Glue ears, eyes and whiskers to the black band.
- Turn the band over and glue the two ends together ensuring there is a generous overlap.
Find more Halloween activities:
- Make a pom pom spider headband
- Make a spooky witch’s hat headband
- Make toilet roll Halloween mummies
- Make woolly spiderwebs for Halloween
- Make spooky pipe cleaner spiders