We’d only just gotten used to those soggy Scream-like face masks when the internet alerted us to these sheet masks for preggo bellies.
Treat your (pregnant) self!
The belly sheet masks are made by Hatch and contain aloe vera and propolis to help preserve and repair stressed-out pregnant skin.
“This all-natural hydrating sheet mask was made for pregnant bellies to help minimize stretch marks during pregnancy and help soften inflamed scar tissue postpartum,” its makers say.
The mask features the bonus adorable feature of a winking eye, so if you’re in need of a bolstering wink of encouragement, this product has it built right in.
Sheet mask 101
The mask works a lot like the versions for your face:
MORE Beauty and Fashion
- Hunt down scissors from their hiding place under pile of unpaid bills.
- Snip open packet without slicing mask into inconvenient pieces.
- Coax mask out of packet and untangle it, being careful not to tear it.
- Gingerly apply to skin – possibly with watering eyes – as you sniff deeply.
- Experience the skin equivalent of “brain freeze”.
- Admire the fragrance.
- Feel and look awkward, then warmed by your virtuous self-care.
- Remove, trying not to splash water down your front.
- Dry face as you gaze at your own reflection #makeupfree #brave.
- Repeatedly rub skin all day long to determine softness factor (it’s usually a 9.5).
- Catch glimpse of self in mirror and smile smugly.
We have to say that while this seems like a novel idea, it makes a lot of sense. Not only that, pregnant bellies need all the pampering they can get and we fully support this new push to have round tummies valued as much as faces. It’s a win-win for everyone! Sheets all ’round!
The Hatch Belly Mask retails for $12US.
Grab yours at Hatch (where you will find many, many other lovely things!)