Full of zesty citrus flavour with a delicious chewy coconut crumb and laced with a dusting of icing sugar, this loaf cake smells as amazing as it tastes!
If you’re lucky enough to grow citrus trees, be sure you can use the fruit in this recipe. I’ve used the rind of a lemon, lime and orange but you can also simply use three pieces of the one variety – whatever you have on hand will come up trumps, promise.
- Makes : 1
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 50 mins
Zesty citrus and coconut cake ingredients
- 130g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Finely zest your citrus fruit.
- Beat together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each one.
- Add the citrus zest and fold in.
- Fold in half the coconut and flour, followed by folding in half the milk. Repeat for the remaining coconut, flour and milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked in the centre.
- Let cool in the tin for ten minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Using a fine sieve, dust the cake with icing sugar.