Here’s a super adorable take on traditional chocolate dipped strawberries for your Valentine – give them pretty chocolate strawberry pops instead!
- Prep time : 30 mins
Choc strawberry pops ingredients
- 250g dark or milk chocolate
- 250g white chocolate
- 250g strawberries
- lollipop sticks
- red or pink food colouring gel
- Pinch the leaves and stems off the strawberries and insert a lollipop stick into each one.
- Break the dark chocolate up and place it into a microwave proof bowl. Melt the chocolate by heating it up in 20 second increments, stirring between each burst until completely melted.
- Carefully dip each strawberry into the chocolate (see note). Allow excess to drip off before moving on to the next one. Place in the fridge to set.
- Break the white chocolate up and place it into a microwave proof bowl. Melt the chocolate by heating it up in 20 second increments, stirring between each burst until completely melted. Add a drop or two of food colouring gel to the chocolate to colour it pink.
- Quickly dip the choc-covered strawberry into the coloured chocolate, allow excess to drip off and roll it in sprinkles. Repeat for all strawberries.
- Once all strawberries are twice-dipped and sprinkle covered, return to the fridge to set completely. Yum!
- It’s a bit of a delicate task, dipping strawberries on a stick – the secret lies in the first layer of chocolate, it must cover the fruit completely and leave no holes or gaps at the stick. A nice seal of chocolate is what we want to keep everything in place.
- You can lie your pops flat on a tray lined with baking paper, or stand them up by pushing the sticks into polystyrene foam. Or grab a holder like the one I’ve used from any good department store.
Browse our recipe section for more great meals and treats to try.