If you like to keep the biscuit jar full but don’t want to spend a fortune making it happen, you’re going to want to add this jam drop biscuit recipe to your repertoire. Soft and buttery with a dollop of sweetness, what’s not to love about this morning tea delight?
- Makes : 40
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
Jam drop biscuit ingredients
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- Beat the sugar and room temperature butter together using electric beaters or a stand mixer. Beat until creamy and light in colour.
- Add the egg and combine well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, into the butter mixture. Combine over low speed or with a wooden spoon.
- Place the dough into the fridge for half an hour. During this wait, preheat the oven to 170°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll a tablespoon of dough mixture into a ball and place on the tray. Repeat for all of the mixture.
- Using the back of a measuring spoon, or a fingertip, make a small round indent in just the top of each biscuit ball. Use a small measuring spoon to put a little jam in the top of each one - a ¼ teaspoon is about right.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until they're just starting to turn from cream to gold. Let cool on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
A warning – do not be tempted to taste a biscuit straight from the oven – jam is painfully hot in the mouth!