In the past, tuna patties have often been known to be on the bland side — but not so with this tuna patty recipe. Packed with delicious flavour, these tuna patties make the perfect fish dinner!
This is an easy recipe using mostly pantry items, and even some of last night’s left over mashed potato. It’s a dinner that comes together easily and quickly.
- Makes : 8
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
Tuna patties ingredients
- 1 cup of mashed potato (1 large potato)
- 425g tin of tuna chunks in spring water, drained and flaked
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 125g tin corn kernels
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs (plus extra if needed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs fresh coriander leaves, chopped (plus extra to serve)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- oil for shallow frying
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potato, tuna, spring onions, corn, breadcrumbs, garlic, chopped coriander, cayenne pepper and egg. Mix together until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Form eight balls from the mixture and press them slightly flat.
- Gently press them into a bowl of panko crumbs so they’re crumbed either side.
- Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Shallow fry until golden, squeeze a lemon quarter or two over the top while cooking. Let sit on paper towel before serving.
- Serve with extra lemon and a dollop of mayonnaise. Delicious!
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.