Earning the award of easiest sweet treat snack of them all and one that my kids love to find in their lunch boxes is the apricot ball. Three ingredients is all they take and there’s no cooking involved – even the kids can help with these moreish sweet morsels of apricot delight!
- Makes : 50
- Prep time : 20 mins
No-bake lunch box apricot balls recipe
- 500g dried apricots
- 2½ cups desiccated coconut
- 400g tin condensed milk
- extra desiccated coconut for rolling
A quick blitz in a food processor is all that’s required to make these apricot balls before rolling and dipping in coconut – and that’s where the kids come in handy, the rolling can be a little tedious. Nevertheless, they’re a great lunch box or after school treat for all the family.
- Add apricots to the food processor bowl and blitz to a fine chop – you may have to do this in two or three batches, depending on how powerful your food processor motor is!
- Add the coconut to the finely chopped apricot and blitz until combined.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the condensed milk down the chute to mix through evenly (I find if you add it to the mix all at once it doesn’t mix through as well).
- Place extra coconut in a shallow bowl. Using a wet tablespoon and wet hands, scoop and roll tablespoon quantities of the apricot mixture and then roll them in the extra coconut. It’s going to be messy, there’s no avoiding it – but wet hands help!
- Let them set in the fridge for a few hours before devouring.
- This recipe yields approximately 50 apricot balls.
- For the record, they’re also delicious frozen – and the freezer is a great spot to hide them from the kids!
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.