It wouldn’t be unusual for a snowman to be melting on our typically hot Aussie Christmas Day, but these ones are actually supposed to look like they’re melting!
- Makes : 12
- Prep time : 1 hr 30 mins
Melting snowmen Oreo truffle balls ingredients
- 125g cream cheese
- 250g Oreo biscuits
- 300g white chocolate Melts
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mini Oreo biscuits
- Icing sugar and food colouring to decorate, toothpicks to help dip
- Find a tray or dish which will fit in your freezer. Line with baking paper and set aside.
- Using a food processor, blitz the Oreo biscuits for a few seconds to crush them into a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese to the food processor and blend with the biscuit crumbs until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. Push a toothpick half way into each ball and put in the freezer for at least an hour. This helps keep their nice round shape!
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, in short 20 second bursts, stirring between each burst. Be careful not to take it too far or it will seize. Add the oil to help thin it out a little, making it an easier dipping consistency.
- Set up your dipping station. Take Oreo balls by the toothpick and gently cover with the chocolate, then place back on the cold tray, letting excess chocolate pool around the bottom. Gently remove the toothpicks after each dip and return to the fridge to set.
- Make a small amount of icing and colour for faces. Pipe a set of eyes, a smile and a nose on each snowman ball.
- Use left over chocolate to glue the Mini Oreo hat on each one. Return to the fridge to set before devouring!