An easy way to get a protein-rich meat and salad meal into kids is to wrap it, literally. Try this delicious yoghurt marinated wrap in your family kitchen, it’s sure to be a hit – and a super easy midweek dinner!
The star of the show in this recipe is the chicken. Yoghurt not only marinades beautifully, it prevents the meat from drying out during cooking. Fill with your favourite salad stuffs and make sure you choose a quality tzatziki sauce and flatbread to bring it all together. Easy peasy.
- Makes : 4
- Prep time : 30 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
Marinated chicken and tzatziki wraps ingredients
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- pinch of dried oregano
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup ready made tzatziki sauce
- 4 slices of Greek yiros or pita flat bread
- 2 baby cos lettuces
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- greaseproof paper for wrapping
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, sea salt and oregano to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken in a zip-lock bag or bowl and cover with the marinade. Seal the bag (or bowl) and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove excess marinade from the chicken tenders and cook for four to five minutes on one side before turning over to cook the other. Chicken should be a lovely golden brown colour and cooked through. Cook in two batches.
- Heat the flatbread in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place on a strip of greaseproof paper and spread with tzatziki sauce.
- Layer the lettuce, chicken tenders, tomato and onion on each piece of flat bread.
- The fold and wrap might take practice. Start by folding the bottom up, then bring the sides in to overlap. Follow the same directions for the paper and secure with string (or the recipients hands!). Serve with extra tzatziki sauce.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.