I won’t lie, I enjoy a piece of jelly slice any time of the year, I am after all, only human. That being said, nothing says summer quite like a tray of these sweet squares with their fancy pants layers of biscuit and jelly. Jump on through to see just how easy it is to make!
The whole family will love this sweet treat. Go ahead, be brave and try it with your favourite flavoured jelly, but for the purists among us, it must be topped with glistening red jelly.
1 250g packet of sweet plain biscuits
175g unsalted butter, melted
395g tin condensed milk
1 tablespoon powdered gelatine
85g packet raspberry jelly crystals
juice of two lemons
¾ cup boiling water
- Line a slice tray with greaseproof paper, make sure there’s about 5cm of overhang. This will make getting the slice out of the tin a little easier.
- Dissolve the jelly crystals in 1½ cups of boiling water. Let the mixture come to room temperature before moving to the fridge to cool (but not set!).
- With a rolling pin or a food processor, blitz the biscuits to a fine crumb texture. Add the melted butter and mix together.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the slice tray to create an even layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water. Place the condensed milk in a small bowl. Whisk in the gelatine mixture and the lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture onto the biscuit base. Return to the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- When the milk layer is properly set, pour the jelly over the top and pop it back in the fridge to set completely.
Once set, you’re free to cut it into pieces and devour!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.