For a budget friendly dinner, you can’t go past sausages. A great way to tizzy them up is to turn them into a lip-smackingly-good curry. Packed with flavours both mild and sweet, come see how we make this family favourite!
I don’t use sultanas in my curried sausage recipe, for they get picked out. Instead I use a big dollop of undetectable fruit chutney, but if you’re feeling rebellious, go on and throw a handful of plump sultanas in.
- Cooking time : 30 mins
Curried sausages ingredients
- 1 kg beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs mild curry powder
- 2 tbs fruit chutney
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- rice and chopped parsley to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the sausages, turning until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring for five minutes or until the onion has softened nicely.
- Add the curry powder. Cook, stirring, for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the fruit chutney and stock. Stir to combine.
- Return the sausages to the pan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for a further 25 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the frozen peas. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further two minutes until heated through.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.