The humble potato morphs into a tasty side dish when entertaining or a brilliant lunch for filling the bellies of active little bodies these holidays. Seasoned just right, you’ll never buy a packet from the supermarket again!
The ingredients listed below add just a touch of well seasoned flavour to the potato wedges for young players and is by no means spicy hot. For more of a flavoursome hit, double the seasoning quantities – and if you don’t mind a touch of heat, go forth and add a pinch of chilli.
1 tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp Masterfoods garlic steak seasoning
½ tsp onion powder
pinch of salt
500g potatoes, washed
¼ cup olive oil
chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
sour cream, to serve (optional)
sweet chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Combine the spices in a large bowl, add the oil and mix well.
- Cut each potato into six wedges.
- Add the potato wedges to the bowl and mix to coat with oil and spices.
- Place the wedges in a single layer on the tray. Cook for 15 minutes, turn and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Devour as is or be fancy and top with chopped coriander and serve with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream for ultimate indulgence.
This recipe serves three and can be easily doubled and tripled by adjusting the potatoes and seasonings.
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.