1 in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy before their first birthday – but that doesn’t mean they have to go without. There are many delicious recipes that can be made without ingredients such as dairy or egg, like this one by Claire Power of Healthy French Wife.
- Makes : 1
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 50 mins
Vegan chocolate marble banana bread ingredients
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 2½ tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of maple syrup or stevia
- ½ cup of cacao
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash 3 bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (except the cacao) then add the mashed bananas and the wet ingredients.
- Put half of the batter to the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of the chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.