- Makes: 1
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 - 60 minutes
1 in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy before their first birthday – but that doesn’t mean they have to go without. There are many delicious recipes that can be made without ingredients such as dairy or egg, like this one by Claire Power of Healthy French Wife.
Vegan chocolate marble banana bread
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or stevia
- 1/2 cup of cacao
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of the chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Always check the labels of ingredients for any cross-contamination risks.
For more information on being allergy aware, visit Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia.