For the perfect Christmas party dessert, you really can’t go past these Christmas chocolate cheesecake balls! This easy no-bake dessert can be made a day or two in advance and is great for both the kids and adults.
- Makes : 24
- Prep time : 1 hr 30 mins
Chocolate cheesecake balls ingredients
- 250g chocolate ripple biscuits
- 250g block cream cheese – softened
- 300g milk chocolate
- 6 mint leaf lollies
- 24 red smarties
- Cut the mint leaf lollies in half and then in half again (4 pieces) and set aside until needed.
- Place the chocolate ripple biscuits into a food processor and blitz until they are crushed.
- Add the softened cream cheese and mix until combined. Place the mixture into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop up the cheesecake mixture before rolling it into balls. Place the cheesecake balls onto a tray covered with baking paper and continue until you have used all of the mixture.
- Place the cheesecake balls back into the freezer for 30 minutes to firm.
- When the cheesecake balls are almost ready to come out of the freezer, break the milk chocolate into squares and then place it into a microwave safe container. Cook for 30-second spurts until it has just melted.
- Place a skewer in the base of a cheesecake ball and dip it into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to help you cover the cheesecake ball with chocolate before placing the covered cheesecake ball back onto the tray with the baking paper.
- While the chocolate is still soft, place one red smartie on top of the cheesecake ball and place two of the mint leaf pieces next to it to create a holly leaf. Repeat until all of the cheesecake balls have been covered in chocolate and decorated.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed.
Find more great ideas for festive cooking and crafts in our Christmas section.