This simple chicken tray bake really is the ultimate easy family dinner, all you need to do is add the ingredients to a baking dish and pop it into the oven – how simple is that!
If you are feeding a crowd, you can also bulk this meal up by serving it with some rice or pasta.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Chicken tray bake ingredients
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 zucchini
- 500g sweet potato
- 3 corn cobs – halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 100g green beans
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 3cm pieces, chop the zucchini into similar sized pieces and place them both into a large baking dish (the dish I use is 34cm long). Add the chicken drumsticks and corn and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the top before adding the mixed herbs and salt and pepper and gently coating all of the ingredients.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, place it into your preheated oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and add the green beans before returning to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through when tested.
You can use different cuts of chicken for this recipe, please note your cooking time will vary.