What’s not to love about tasty chicken paired with plump sultanas, juicy apricots and fluffy rice? For babies who have moved beyond all things smooth, give this tasty recipe a try!
Of course, for babies who are still dabbling in the puree category, give it a quick blitz with a stick blender so they too can join in on the taste sensation.
- Prep time : 5 mins
- Cooking time : 25 mins
Baby's first apricot chicken and rice ingredients
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ small onion, diced
- 2 dried apricots, diced
- 1 tbs chicken breast or thigh, cooked or raw
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp sultanas
- ¼ tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch of ground coriander
- pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp finely chopped or minced garlic
- 90ml water
- 1 tbs basmati rice
This recipe is for 1 – 2 serves (depending on bub’s age), but it’s brilliant frozen and reheated for another day, so feel free to up the quantities and make a batch!
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry for around two minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the apricot, chicken, tomato and sultanas.
- Add the herbs, spices, garlic and water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir in half the cooked rice to the chicken mix. Reserve the other half.
- Mash the chicken mixture, then add the reserved rice and mix well. Add extra water if a thinner consistency is preferred.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.