What’s not to love about tasty chicken paired with plump sultanas, juicy apricots and fluffy rice? For babies who have moved beyond all things smooth, give this tasty recipe a try!
Of course, for babies who are still dabbling in the less is more texture category, give it a quick blitz with a stick blender so they too can join in on the taste sensation.
1 tsp olive oil
¼ small onion, diced
2 dried apricots, diced
1 tbs chicken breast or thigh, cooked or raw
1 small plum tomato, seeded and diced
2 tsp sultanas
¼ tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
pinch of ground coriander
pinch of cinnamon
¼ tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbs basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry for around two minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the apricot, chicken, tomato and sultanas.
- Add the herbs, spices, garlic and water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir in half the cooked rice to the chicken mix. Reserve the other half.
- Mash the chicken mixture, then add the reserved rice and mix well. Add extra water if a thinner consistency is preferred.
This recipe yields two servings for a younger baby or a larger serve for an older baby. This recipe can also be frozen!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.