This week on Helpline in Focus Dr Nicole Highet from the Centre of Perinatal Excellence joins us to talk about how new parents are coping in lockdown. She tackles the following subjects:
- How lockdown is extra-challenging for new parents
- The signs of postnatal depression
- How the pandemic is impacting PND
- What we should be asking our partners to check that they are okay
- The double-edged sword of lockdown when you have a new baby and a toddler
- Suggestions for how new parents can maintain good mental health in lockdown
- When PND hits before the baby is born
Listen to Dr Nicole Highet on Feed Play Love:
If you need support during lockdown COPE have a list of resources at their website or you can contact PANDA on 1300 726 306.To book in a one-on-one session with a Parent School expert, check out Parent School powered by Babyology.
Want to ask our experts your own question? Join our weekly LIVE Helplines on Facebook or leave your question in our Facebook Helpline Group.