Anzac Day is a national public holiday where many families stop to commemorate fallen soldiers.
So how do you explain what it all means to a young child?
Emma Cox is a teacher-librarian.
She tells us the best books she’s come across to help little minds get across some complex ideas.
Listen to Emma Cox on Feed Play Love:
Here are Emma’s top ideas for picture books for ages three to six:
- The ANZAC Tree by Catherine Booth
- ANZAC Biscuits by Phil Cummings and Owen Swan
- My Grandfather’s War by Glyn Harper and Jenny Cooper
- Alfred’s War by Rachel Bin Sellah and Samantha Fry
- ANZAC Ted by Belinda Landsberry
For older children:
- Lone Pine by Susie Brown, Margaret Warner and Sebastian Ciaffaglione
- In Flanders Field by Norman Jorgensen and Brian Harrison-Lever.