Animals are the actual best, so we’ve compiled a story to a) prove that they’re the fluffy pals we don’t deserve and b) restore your faith in hairy humanity.
In fact, our deep dive into the internet revealed that animals are good at so very many things, and might even be better parents than we are (except when they eat their young).
Here’s a bunch of tweets to back our case up. You’re so welcome. #snort
1. “Lemme help you, baby boy”
Sometimes you can’t help but step in and lend your child a hand, especially when they’re trying something new.
take a little time out of your day to watch this ? pic.twitter.com/ugIzrzqHTk
— ⊰ caitlyn ⊱ (@caitybugink) August 21, 2017
2. “Take your hat off inside, son!”
Never underestimate the power of good manners, even if it’s just while shopping for Cocoa Pops.
I'm still shook pic.twitter.com/TPYLRNHDP0
— ashleen (@ashleenn_) August 20, 2017
3. “You’re my baby now”
Being hands-on with affection is super important, helping babies to feel secure and loved.
Did my dog just pet my cat?? And did my cat just hug my dog?? pic.twitter.com/PuNWB1Ggzw
— Jordan Ireland (@jor_nicole4) December 28, 2018
4. “We’ll look after you, honey”
It takes a village to raise a child, y’all.
If y’all need me I’m gonna be watching this on a loop for the rest of the day. pic.twitter.com/uoXmHTKKHs
— Jenny Johnson (@JennyJohnsonHi5) November 26, 2018
5. “Foster parenting is very rewarding”
Unconditional love is all about accepting and embracing differences.
— かおるこ (@tojimarumini) October 31, 2018
6. “I never skip tummy time”
This really helps to strengthen little necks … and tails.
This is my life now pic.twitter.com/YyjpVH6Eq9
— Robert Maguire (@RobertMaguire_) November 2, 2018
7. “Honey, please floss!”
Good dental hygiene from the get-go means everybody wins.
THIS is the best TikTok, more TikToks like these please pic.twitter.com/HraDkaPTLQ
— Kat Angus (@katangus) January 21, 2019
8. “Look left, look right”
We always hold hands.
The most surprising 15 seconds of my life by far pic.twitter.com/5nukg2RxvW
— Natalie B. Compton (@NatBCo) March 1, 2019
9. “Honey, put a sweater on!”
Don’t want anyone to catch a cold, obviously.
— Animals Being Jerks (@MeanAnimals) December 17, 2018
10. “No, I really DO love your slobbery toddler kisses, sweetie”
Nothing better than a very, very damp smooch. #shudder
have not stopped thinking about this since I saw it. it’s so good pic.twitter.com/zYYy7moKGX
— Megan Frantz (@megsfrantz) August 27, 2018
More uplifting stories to read:
- 14 vintage photos that prove we’re all helicopter parents now
- 16 hilarious memes that perfectly sum up parent life
- These old school mums of Instagram don’t have time for mum-shaming nonsense
- 9 awkward parenting books that will make you spit your coffee
- Mums are sharing their favourite ‘sh*t dinners’ and we’re feeling less alone
- 10 of the funniest kids’ drawings in the history of the universe