Looking for a fun Christmas-themed snack that’s not laden with sugar and other baddies that will have the kids bouncing off the walls? Try making this one-ingredient delicious, festive, and best of all, healthy Christmas treat. All you need is a knife!
- 1/4 watermelon
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 3cm wide slice from the watermelon.
- Lie the slice flat on the chopping board so it is easy to handle.
- Cut a 5cm wedge from each side the of watermelon slice to create the sides of the Christmas tree.
- Carefully make two cuts through the rind up to the red watermelon flesh 4cm apart at the centre point of the watermelon slice to create the tree trunk.
- Trim from this cut along the edge of the watermelon flesh to the outer edge to create the lower edge of the Christmas tree.
Follow the step-by-step recipe video