If there’s one thing a mum (or dad!) needs it’s a roomy bag that you can stuff everything from spare nappies to blockbuster fiction in.
Named for Princess Diana
Two of the royal mums – Duchess Kate and Princess Diana – both loved accessories by luxury label Tod’s. In fact, one particular style of the bag with its own tagline – “my life is in this bag” – was named after Princess Diana long before Kate toted one in the crook of her arm.
You can see Diana with a Tod’s tote below, but it was the famous Tod’s D Bag that was named for the late princess.
The iconic D bag that is a wardrobe staple for Kate – as it was for Diana – is no longer being made, but Tod’s have instead reinterpreted the classic with a 2019 update.
The Tod’s D-Styling Bag is the result. It comes in two sizes (small and mini). The small is available in ten different colours and the mini in a tidy six.
View this post on Instagram
Kate and William in March 2006 at a soccer game in Eaton❤️Today I am going to be posting photos of Kate and William from a long time ago❤️ #katemiddleton #duchessofcambridge #dukeofcambridge #princewilliam #katemiddletonfashion #katemiddletonstyle #dukeofsussex #princeharry #meghanmarkle #duchessofsussex #princegeorge #georgealexanderlouis #princesscharlotte #charlotteelizabethdiana #princelouis #louisarthurcharles #kensingtonpalace #britishmonarchy #britishroyalfamily #cambridgefamily #sussexfamily #cambridgekids #babysussex #kateandwills
Of course this bag doesn’t come cheap, but it’s not as bonkers price-wise as some of the bags other celebrities are seen toting.
The D-styling bag in the small size sells from US $1995 to $3425, depending on the colour you choose. The petite D-Styling Mini retails for between $1845 and $1995.
Not quite as bonkers as a Birkin … but still a fair chunk of cash. Still … it will last a lifetime AND hat-tips the royals, so there’s that to consider!
More fashion and beauty for mums-to-be and families:
- Duchess Meghan’s “Mummy” necklace is topping mum wishlists across the globe
- Cath Kidston and New Balance just released a new range of cute kicks
- The no-fuss beauty regime even tired mums can get on board with
- Families will love this 100 percent natural, vegan, non-greasy sunscreen
- Zara’s gorgeous maternity line has not-pregnant people feeling very jealous
- Stop what you’re doing because mummy-daughter kaftans are a THING!
- These cute and comfy outfits will suit every stylish, modern mama