It takes only a few minutes to throw together these delicious breakfast popsicles. The kids will think they’re getting ice cream for breakfast but you know they are getting a healthy start. Everybody wins.
These sweet and simple popsicles are perfect for teething bubs this summer, or as a quick breakfast snack as you run out the door. No sugar and no ice cream needed for this special treat just fresh summer fruits and yoghurt.
- fresh fruit
- natural yoghurt
- popsicle mould (found in most supermarkets)
- Thinly slice your fruit. For this batch I used sliced kiwifruit and strawberries plus whole blueberries (I was going to add some cherries, but things got a bit crowded)
- Place slices of fruit on the sides of your popsicle moulds and a piece or two in the centre
- Scoop in some yoghurt until the central fruit is covered
- Repeat steps two and three until your moulds are full
- Place a holder or popsicle stick in the end
- Pop the mould in the freezer. It’s that easy.
If you have any trouble removing your yummy popsicles, just run the bottom of your mould under tepid water until they come free.
For a dairy-free alternative you can use coconut water. If you want to make these a little more substantial for breakfast, try rolling your popsicles in granola. You can also blend the fruit and yoghurt with oats before pouring into popsicle moulds, which gives you a better energy snack but doesn’t look as pretty.
My girl has been loving these sweet treats on her gums during hot summer days. For older kids, these popsicles make a wonderfully novel breakfast that just adds to the holiday fun. Plus they are so healthy!
Do you have a recipe that’s a hit every time? We want to know about it! You can send us your favourite recipes, and while we can’t reply to each submission, we’ll certainly let you know if your recipe is chosen to be shared with the Babyology community. We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to seeing your culinary creations!