It takes only a few minutes to throw together these delicious breakfast popsicles. The kids will think they’re getting ice cream for breakfast but you know they are getting a healthy start. Everybody wins!
These sweet and simple popsicles are perfect for teething bubs this summer, or as a quick breakfast snack as you run out the door. No sugar and no ice cream needed for this special treat, just fresh summer fruits and yoghurt.
- Prep time : 15 mins
Sugar-free breakfast popsicles ingredients
- Fresh fruits
- Natural yoghurt
You will need a popsicle mould set (found in most supermarkets).
- Thinly slice your fruit. For this batch I used sliced kiwifruit and strawberries plus whole blueberries.
- Place slices of fruit on the sides of your popsicle moulds and a piece or two in the centre.
- Scoop in some yoghurt until the central fruit is covered.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your moulds are full.
- Place a holder or popsicle stick in the end, then pop the moulds in the freezer. It’s that easy!
- If you have any trouble removing your yummy popsicles, just run the bottom of your mould under tepid water until they come free.
- For a dairy-free alternative you can use coconut water.
- If you want to make these a little more substantial for breakfast, try rolling your popsicles in granola before serving.
- You can also blend the fruit and yoghurt with oats before pouring into popsicle moulds, which gives you a better energy snack but doesn’t look as pretty.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.