When I think of kids’ snacks for the week ahead, I always think of that rather wise saying ‘a Sunday well spent, brings a week of content’. Whip up a double batch of these fun funfetti cookies – one to bake and one for the freezer – and you should be set for the week!
Handy to have in your freezer for afternoon tea at a moment’s notice, these cookie logs can be frozen in a sealed container for up to two months!
- Prep time : 45 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
Funfetti vanilla bean biscuit ingredients
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup mini M&M’s, roughly chopped
- First, run a knife across the M&M’s, breaking them into even smaller pieces. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla paste until fluffy and light in colour.
- Add the egg and beat until just combined. In two batches, stir in the flour, mixing until just combined between each batch.
- Fold in the M&M’s.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Roll and shape the dough into a 30cm long log.
- Wrap the log in baking paper and freeze for half an hour or until firm. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line two large trays with baking paper.
- Unwrap the cookie log. Using a serrated knife (a bread knife is great), slice cookies into 1cm thick rounds. Place them on the prepared trays, a few centimetres apart. Bake one tray at a time for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn light gold in colour.
- Let cool for five minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep in an airtight container.
- The cookie log can be frozen in a sealed container for up to two months. Just let them stand at room temperature for half an hour before slicing.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.