With no added sugar, this healthy chocolate Rice Bubble slice makes a great treat for the kids, and grown-ups too!
This no-bake slice is simple to make – just melt and mix your ingredients together before popping into the fridge to set.
- Makes : 24
- Prep time : 20 mins
- Cooking time : 2 hrs
Healthy chocolate Rice Bubble slice ingredients
- 50g dates (you can use either Medjool or pitted dates)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 cups Rice Bubbles
- Line an 18 x 28cm slice tin with baking paper, making sure that you leave paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once it has set.
- Remove the seed if using Medjool dates. Roughly chop the dates into small pieces before placing into a small saucepan, along with the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and cook for approximately 6 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until the mixture has thickened.
- In the meantime, place the Rice Bubbles, cacao powder, chia seeds and coconut into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until the Rice Bubbles are completely coated with the melted date mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the slice tin you prepared earlier and use a spoon to flatten the surface.
- Place the slice into the fridge for 2 hours to set before removing and cutting into pieces – and gobbling it up!
- Once made, you can store this slice in an airtight container in your fridge for up to one week.
Browse our recipe section for more great meals and treats to try.