This easy recipe combines yummy pikelets with fresh raspberries. The raspberries go a little bit jammy as the pikelets cook and then you serve them with delicious lemon ricotta, more fresh raspberries and maple syrup.
We told you they were yummy!
This is a great recipe for breakfast … or could even be a comforting new favourite family dessert.
- Makes : 10
- Prep time : 10 mins
Raspberry pikelets with lemon ricotta cream recipe
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- Enough milk to make a thick batter (roughly 1 1/4 cups)
- A pinch of salt
- 120g fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 200g smooth ricotta
- Juice and zest of one large lemon
- An extra tablespoon of sugar
- An extra tablespoon of milk
- Maple Syrup (to serve)
- Mix the sifted flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
- Drop the egg into the middle of the flour mix and stir in.
- Add enough milk to make a thick batter - not too runny, please!
- Melt a knob of butter in a medium-hot frying pan. Spoon the batter in to make large pikelets.
- Cut the raspberries in half and pop onto the uncooked side of each of the pikelets.
- Cook the underside slowly until golden and the pikelet is almost cooked through.
- Flip and cook for another minute or so.
To make the lemon ricotta, mix the ricotta, lemon juice, sugar and milk together. Whisk until smooth.
Serve the pikelets with a spoonful of the lemon ricotta, some more fresh raspberries, lemon zest and a drizzle of maple syrup. You could even throw on some almonds or pistachios – if you fancy!