Rissoles have long time been a favourite of my own children and a delicious, budget-friendly meal to boot. Here I swap out the usual chicken or beef mince for tasty turkey and get the thumbs up from my kitchen crowd.
A brilliant carrier of vegetables, rissoles are great for smuggling extras if your kids are going through a food refusal/picky eater/ just don’t want to phase. You can add whatever vegetables you like or have in the fridge, imagination is the limit!
500g turkey mince
½ cup grated Tasty cheese
1 medium carrot, grated
1 small zucchini, grated
3 green spring onions, finely sliced
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 small egg
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
salt and pepper
oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the turkey mince, cheese, carrot, zucchini, spring onion, breadcrumbs, egg and sweet chilli sauce in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the ingredients and with clean hands, form 12 rissoles.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the rissoles for two to three minutes either side.
- Transfer the rissoles to the baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Check that they are cooked through and serve with salad or vegetables. Delicious!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.