Sometimes the simplest things are the best – just 15 minutes is all you need, plus a few pantry staples and you have yourself a delicious sweet treat in next to no time. Whether for the kids or yourself, there’s a whole lot of joy to be found in a honey joy!
- Makes : 15
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 10 mins
Honey Joys ingredients
- 4 cups of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 90g butter
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil cases.
- Place the Corn Flakes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, sugar and honey. Melt over medium heat until it starts to froth.
- Pour into the Corn Flakes and mix together, making sure all the cereal is covered by the butter mixture.
- Quickly (it will start to get sticky as it cools) fill the paper cases with the mixture using a spoon.
- Bake the tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the honey joys cool in the tin for around 5 minutes to help keep their shape, then transfer to a wire rack.
- The jury is out on whether sprinkles do or don’t belong on a honey joy – I’m a purist through and through so while I love a bright sprinkle, there’s no place for them on my honey joys! I know, a honey joy kill joy – but don’t let me hold you back, you go right ahead if you please.
Browse our recipe section for more great meals and treats to try.