Dinner on the table in under twenty minutes? Easy peasy (and a little cheesy) with this chicken risoni recipe!
Packed with simple flavours from fresh ingredients that meld gently together, there’s something in this dinner for everyone. For more adventurous taste buds, try adding sun-dried tomato and pine nuts for a delicious twist.
- Makes : 4
- Prep time : 8 mins
- Cooking time : 11 mins
Quick chicken, feta and pea risoni ingredients
- 600g chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ cups dried risoni pasta
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly to make them a uniform thickness. This makes it easier to cook them evenly. Rub with crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, ready for the pasta.
- In a frying pan, lightly spray with oil over medium heat and cook chicken breasts through and until lightly browned on each side. Remove from the pan and rest for two minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, chop the mint relatively fine and set aside.
- Cook the risoni pasta according to the packet directions. Add the peas to the saucepan for the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the risoni, peas, feta, mint, chicken, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.