Dinner on the table in under twenty minutes? Easy peasy (and a little cheesy) with this chicken risoni recipe!
Packed with simple flavours from fresh ingredients that meld gently together, there’s something in this dinner for everyone. For more adventurous taste buds, try adding sun-dried tomato and pine nuts for a delicious twist.
600g chicken breasts
1 garlic clove, crushed
1½ cups dried risoni pasta
2 cups frozen baby peas
200g feta cheese, crumbled
¾ cup fresh mint leaves
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly to make them a uniform thickness. This makes it easier to cook them evenly. Rub with crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, ready for the pasta.
- In a frying pan, lightly spray with oil over medium heat and cook chicken breasts until lightly browned each side. Remove from the pan and rest for two minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, chop your mint relatively fine and set aside.
- Cook the risoni pasta according to the packet directions. Add the peas to the saucepan for the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the risoni, peas, feta, mint, chicken, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.