In all of its sweet marshmallow, crunchy, air filled glory these puffed rice marshmallow bars make for a fun – and delicious – occasional lunch box treat!
The recipe does stipulate vanilla marshmallows, but rest assured you can use whatever flavour you like. I’ll also give you the hot tip that you can pick up bags of plain vanilla marshmallows at Big W – save you picking out all the pink ones from the packet and scoffing them later. Or that might just be me.
5 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles or puffed rice cereal
220g vanilla marshmallows
100g butter, chopped
50g white chocolate
100s and 1000s
- Grease a 16cm x 26cm slice tin, line with baking paper, extending it over the sides.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows and butter. Microwave on High for one minute, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth. You may need to microwave longer depending on your microwave’s power.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl. Add the marshmallow mixture to the cereal and mix quickly – this will be very sticky!
- Spoon into prepared pan. Use an extra piece of baking paper to press over the top with your hand to flatten and squash into the tray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the slice and sprinkle with 100s and 1000s. Place in the fridge for three hours or until set.
- Remove from tray and cut into bars. Wrap individually with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Yum!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.