Everyone needs a sweet something hidden away in the fridge or freezer for when friends drop in for coffee, or perhaps more realistically, for a quick sweet hit before school pick-up. Or that could be just me. These delicious bite-sized morsels marry the zing of lemon with the sweetness of condensed milk for a delectable sweet treat.
And best of all? They’re ready to eat straight away – no baking required!
- Makes : 40
- Prep time : 25 mins
No-bake lemon balls ingredients
- 1 x 250g packet Arnott’s Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 2 large lemons
- 1 x 400g tin condensed milk
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp vanilla paste or essence
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, extra for coating
- yellow food colouring
This recipe comes together both easily and quickly in a food processor, but don’t despair if you don’t have one. You can crush the biscuits with a rolling pin and mix it all together in a mixing bowl. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
- Because we’re fancy, we’re going to colour the coconut we roll the balls in. Tip half a cup of coconut into the food processor with a few drops of yellow food colouring. Give it a couple of pulses to spread the colour evenly. Tip into a bowl and set aside. Alternatively, knead the coconut and dye together in a plastic bag until the colour is even.
- Remove the zest from the lemons and cut in half to juice.
- Put the biscuits in the food processor bowl and pulse until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind, condensed milk, 1½ cups of coconut and vanilla paste to the biscuit crumbs. Process or mix until completely combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture in your hands (damp hands work best) and roll each ball in the coloured coconut. Delicious!
- This recipe yields around 40 lemon balls.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.