Remember the days of old when the Lattice slice concoctions gracing the CWA bake stall table were a feast to behold? I’ve brought the Lattice biscuit trend back to my own kitchen recently and this cheesecake slice is a winner of a dessert!
Super easy and a dessert which can be made in advance, the Lattice cheesecake slice is finger licking good.
- Makes : 9
- Prep time : 30 mins
No bake Lattice cheesecake slice ingredients
- 1 packet of Arnott’s Lattice biscuits
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 125g butter, room temperature
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tsp of gelatine powder
- Line a 20cm square cake thin with baking paper - be sure to leave some overhang so you can remove the slice from the tin once finished. Check that nine Lattice biscuits fit across the base snugly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the gelatine powder and boiling water. Set aside to cool a little.
- Using electric beaters, beat together the cream cheese, butter and caster sugar until whipped smooth and creamy. This may take up to five minutes.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and the lemon juice and mix. With the beaters running, slowly add the gelatine mixture and mix for a couple of minutes until completely combined.
- Line the base of the cake tin with Lattice biscuits, sticky sugar side down.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the top, careful not to shift the biscuits as you pour.
- Place another nine Lattice biscuits over the top and pop in the fridge overnight to set.
- Once set, pull the slice out by gripping the baking paper. Using a sharp knife, slice between the biscuits. Trim the edges if required – or leave if you don’t mind the rustic look!
- This recipe makes nine cheesecake squares. Keep in the fridge until ready to be served.
Browse our recipe section for more great meals and treats to try.