Combining two of my tasty favourites – chocolate and peanut butter, these rather moreish bars of chocolatey goodness make for a superb sweet treat. This simple melt, mix and set recipe needs to be refrigerated overnight, no baking required – too easy!
- Prep time : 15 mins
No-bake chocolate and peanut butter bars ingredients
- 4 cups puffed rice (or Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles cereal)
- 220g milk chocolate melts
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper. Place the puffed rice in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the milk chocolate melts, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Using a microwave or stove top double boiler, melt all these ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Mix together the chocolate mixture and the puffed rice until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press firm. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from tin and slice into bars. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Delicious!
- The biggest decision for this simple recipe will be in your puffed rice choice. For a softer, chewier texture choose plain puffed rice. For a slightly crispier bite, head to the cereal aisle and grab a box of Rice Bubbles.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.