Here at Babyology we know that healthy eating is very important. But sometimes … Sometimes in the dead of night – aka 9.30pm – you want something delicious to snack on when the kids have gone to bed.
With this in mind, we’ve hatched these Tim Tam Truffles. Not only are they a pinch to make … they are even easier to eat.
We would advise never letting your kids in on these but also note that they could make hundreds of dollars at the school fete. But you do you.
Tim Tam truffle ingredients
- 2 packets of white chocolate Tim Tams
- 1 400g can of condensed milk
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1.5 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- mini cupcake cases
- Step 1. Break the Tim Tams in half and pop into a food processor. Process until they form fine crumbs.
- Step 2. Add desiccated coconut. Process until well-combined.
- Step 3. Add the condensed milk, vanilla extract and process again.
- Step 4. Cover with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Step 5. Wet hands and roll mixture into balls – around an inch in diameter – then coat in shredded coconut. Keeping your hands wet means they are easier to roll and the shredded coconut sticks more easily too.
- Step 6. Pop the finished truffle into a mini cupcake case. Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Step 7. Gobble them all up!
- Variations: You could try this recipe with other kinds of Tim Tams to put your own stamp on it!
- Makes : 5
- Prep time : 20 hrs 24 mins 12 secs
- Cooking time : 20 hrs 6 mins 12 secs