These special breakfast parfaits are a breeze to whip up AND the fruit and yoghurt means they’re a little bit healthy too! Not only that, they’re very delicious and you can switch up the fruit variety to suit your gang. Why not make them a day ahead and have a perfect Valentine’s Day sorted for your beloved bunch?
- Makes : 4
- Prep time : 20 mins
- Cooking time : 2 hrs
Easy raspberry yoghurt breakfast parfait recipe
- 1 cup Greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (defrosted) + 1 tablespoon of water
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons gelatine powder (or similar vegetarian setting agent)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- Toppings: 1 cup of muesli and 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Makes four 150ml serves.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until thick and soft creamy peaks are forming. It should be a similar texture to the yoghurt when it’s done.
- Whiz the raspberries and tablespoon of water in a food processor or bullet mixer until smooth.
- Pass the raspberry puree through a sieve – into a large-ish bowl – to eliminate the seeds.
- Do the next bit fast to avoid lumps: Add the boiling water to the sieved raspberry puree and then very speedily whisk in the gelatine powder.
- Whisk in the yoghurt until completely combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pop into a jug and pour into little glasses. You can spoon it in instead, if you prefer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours – until set.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with muesli and fresh fruit. Pop a spoon in. And gobble up!
- Use a different sort of fruit – mango perhaps?
- Double the raspberries for a more intense flavour.
- Top with coconut and/or white chocolate.
- Make these in small containers and send off to school with your kids.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.