If you are looking for an easy dessert which is guaranteed to impress, this croissant pudding is for you! Similar to a bread and butter pudding, this family friendly dessert is perfect for any occasion.
- Makes : 6
- Prep time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 30 mins
Easy croissant pudding recipe
- 9 croissants
- ½ cup sultanas
- 200ml milk
- 300ml cream
- ⅓ cup caster sugar + 2 extra tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
This recipe serves 6.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cut the croissants in half and place them into a baking dish. Sprinkle the sultanas over the top.
- Place the milk, cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract into a small saucepan and use a whisk to combine. Cook over a medium heat and stir regularly with a whisk until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Slowly pour the milk and cream mixture into the bowl, whisking as you pour it in.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants and sprinkle the extra caster sugar over the top of the croissants.
- Place the Croissant Pudding into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the croissants are golden.
- This yummy dessert is perfect served with custard, or perhaps a scoop of ice-cream.