Babies and rice pudding, they go together like peas and corn, agreed? A yummy dessert for littlies aged around one year, here’s how to win at baby’s dessert with rice pudding!
An oldie but a goody, rice pudding was always a hit when my babes were little. Leave it plain or spruce it up, eat it warm or cold, it’s entirely up to you. This recipe makes around a cup of creamy rice and any leftovers can be frozen to eat later.
- Prep time : 3 mins
- Cooking time : 30 mins
Creamy vanilla bean rice pudding ingredients
- 35g arborio rice
- 300ml milk
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or seeds of one vanilla bean)
- low sugar jam / honey / fruit puree /or fresh fruit to serve (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and arborio rice.
- Add the vanilla bean paste. Bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and let simmer on low heat for half an hour. Give it a stir every seven to ten minutes.
- You’ll know it’s cooked when it’s creamy in consistency and the rice is soft. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with a teaspoon of low-sugar jam, pureed fruit or slices of soft fruit. Delicious!
- Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.